You cannot manage to get rid of limestone? Water softeners can be an efficient and durable solution to prevent limescale build-up in your dishwasher or your shower enclosures. However, different types of water softeners exist: salt water softener and CO2 water softener. But how to choose the right type of water softener? Which one is the most efficient? Which one is the most affordable? SoluCalc sheds light on the subject to help you choose the best water softener for your limestone problem.
Discover the different types of water softeners
When searching for solutions in order to reduce water hardness and eliminate limescale particles in your pipes, you will notice that different techniques exist: water purifier, anti-limescale beads, household products, filtered water, etc. Some are more or less efficient than others. If you really want to get rid of limestone, a water softener is the best alternative. Indeed, the water softener system reduces the water hardness degree and makes your daily life easier.
But what are the different types of water softeners? What are the best water softener systems? You can find two types of water softeners on the market:
- Water softener salt: the calcareous water goes through a resin tank to get rid of calcium and magnesium ions. These are eliminated and replaced by sodium ions. This phase allows your water to soften. The disadvantage is that, when the resin is saturated, it must be regenerated with sodium ions. This regeneration phase consumes more water. In addition, you must frequently refill your tank with water softener salt. In terms of purchase, installation or maintenance, this water softener system represents a considerable investment.
- CO2 water softener: it injects food-grade CO2 directly into the water in order to transform calcium carbonate into calcium bicarbonate. The latter is a non-scaling compound which therefore allows your pipes to be limestone-free. It neither requires salt nor maintenance nor regeneration to function. This type of water softener is therefore more advantageous.
What type of water softener choose for your home?
The increase in water hardness results in highly calcareous water. The salt-free water softener is an innovative system. Limestone residues in your water supply, your boiler or even your coffee maker are dissolved in the water thanks to the injection of CO2 at the base of your water supply.
The advantages of the salt-free water softener are the following:
- Once installed, the CO2 water softener is immediately operational.
- Its formula in food-grade CO2 is ecological and economical.
- Compact and discrete, it doesn’t take up space.
- You don’t need to invest in softener salt bags.
Therefore, the CO2 water softener is one of the most ecological and innovative water softener systems available on the market. Our product is installed after the water meter, in compliance with the standards currently in force in the country.
We help you choose your water softener
You’re still hesitant about which type of water softener to choose? SoluCalc answers all your questions in our frequently asked questions section.
The best type of water softener is the food-grade CO2 system. Its small size allows it to be installed under your sink or in your garage. The food-grade CO2 system is an ecological and economical solution. As a matter of fact, it allows you to save between 2000€ and 2500€ in 10 years in comparison with the use of water softener salt.
The difference between a water softener and other filtration systems is the efficacity. Indeed, a water softener is capable of exclusively treating limestone, without changing water potability. On the contrary, other systems filter and directly attack water, which can result in altering its quality and taste.