SoluCalc gives you tips and advice on how to save water at home easily and quickly. Reducing your water bill is not only about turning off the water when necessary. Learn the right things to do, the right equipment to use and the best techniques to implement. You will discover, among other things, the devices designed to preserve water quantity and quality such as the CO2 water softener.
Want to know more about the water softener system? Contact SoluCalc and, from now on, start to easily save water.
Why should we save water?
Reducing our water consumption has many advantages. Not only does it represent a major ecological and societal issue, but it is also an economic lever for households. Indeed, as the price of water is constantly increasing, reducing our water consumption allows for savings. According to the French Observatory of water and sanitation utilities, a French person consumes an average of 54.3 cubic meters of water per year, or 149 liters per day. By adopting the right gestures, SoluCalc explains you how to considerably reduce your drinking water consumption. Practical tips for you and for the planet!
Discover how to save water at home
In order to reduce your water bill, you need to start implementing a few techniques. To know how to easily save water at home, discover the right gestures to apply according to each room of the house. Some techniques are easy to implement while others will require a little more effort and concession. It’s up to you to choose what you want to do.
How to save water in the bathroom?
It all starts in the bathroom, the room in the house where we consume the most: between 60 and 80 liters for a shower, compared to 150 to 200 liters for a bath. As for the toilet flush, each use consumes 6 to 15 liters. What can be done to save water in the bathroom?
- Prefer showering to bathing. We advise you to combine this well-known tip with a timer to evaluate the time spent in the shower. You can also opt for a shower stop to limit the volume of water consumed per minute.
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth and shaving.
- Use the washing machine only when it is full. This way, the volume of water used by the clothes limits the volume of water needed for its operation.
- Turn the tap off tightly.
- Regularly place your finger under the faucet bung to check that it is not running unnecessarily.
- Watch for leaks. Check the walls around the pipes for moisture: a sign of water leakage.
How to save water in the kitchen?
Do you want to reduce your water bill? The kitchen is a room where we consume an average of 5 to 8 liters of water per day. Here are some ways to save water in the kitchen:
- Prefer using the dishwasher instead of washing dishes by hand, which uses 2 to 3 times less water.
- Reuse the water from your food cooking: it will make an excellent fertilizer rich in vitamins to water plants.
- You can even take advantage of the evaporation from cooking that moistens the walls to sponge on them and clean them without using extra water!
- Collect the cold water that runs off before the hot water arrives by placing it in tubs. It can be used to wash your vegetables, cook your food or do the dishes.
- Do not wash recyclable packaging: it is always cleaned at the sorting center.
- Prefer tap water to bottled water: the latter is less expensive and reduces your plastic consumption.
How to save water in the garden?
In order to know how to save water in the garden, here are the eco-gestures recommended by SoluCalc:
- Collect rainwater: if you place buckets on your terrace or in your garden, they will fill up by themselves when it rains. An economical and practical solution, there are even ergonomic models of rainwater harvesters.
- Place mulch around your plants: this will keep the soil moist longer.
- Install a drip system: homemade with a plastic bottle or bought in a store, it brings the right amount of water to the plants.
- Prefer watering the plants in the evening: this way the water does not evaporate.
- Weed regularly to avoid using more water because of weeds.
Techniques to save water all year round
Now that you know our tips on how to save water at home on a daily-life basis, we give you a few techniques to save water all year round. First of all, find out how much water your appliances consume. There are eco-friendly dishwashers, washing machines and toilet flushes designed to reduce water waste. There is also equipment that allows you to save energy and water, such as CO2 water softeners, thermostatic mixing valves, etc.
What is the suitable equipment to save water?
In addition to implement this or that tips to save water on a daily-life basis, there is equipment adapted to save water all year round:
- Faucet water saver: this nozzle is placed on the faucet and mixes water with air to reduce your water consumption by up to 40%.
- Thermostatic mixing valve: by automatically adjusting the quantity of hot and cold water, it limits water loss during the shower.
- CO2 water softener: by reducing limescale on your appliances, it reduces the water used for the household and consumes less water than a salt water softener.
Would you like to discover all the advantages of a CO2 water softener? Contact SoluCalc.
Discover how to save water according to your consumption
Each household has its own needs and habits. Thus, water consumption varies from one family to another. To find out more about water consumption according to the type of appliance and lifestyle, SoluCalc gives you additional information.
Which appliance uses the most water in a house?
The appliance which uses the most water in a house is the washing machine. Indeed, it consumes between 70 and 120 liters of water per year.
What are the eco-gestures to save water?
In addition to daily-life gestures to save water in the house all year round, there are other methods to reduce your per capita water consumption. By changing certain consumption patterns and lifestyle habits, you can save money and contribute to the reduction of water consumption worldwide. For example, you can space out your shampoos or opt for reusable products. Another tip for saving money and reducing water consumption is to reduce your meat consumption and opt for seasonal vegetables.
How to preserve water quantity and quality?
In order to preserve water quantity and quality, SoluCalc suggests you discover the CO2 water softener. In addition to applying techniques and gestures to save water, opting for a CO2 water softener allows you to save its quality. By injecting food-grade CO2 directly into your pipes, the SoluCalc dissolves limescale. It preserves the quality and taste of your water while preserving your pipes from limestone. Would you like to discover all its advantages? Choose SoluCalc. We easily install SoluCalc after the water meter in compliance with the standards in force in the country.